Rather than trying to put my stink on all of today’s news, I’ll just share with you 5 stories I thought did a good job explaining Facebook’s announcements from F8.
- Mashable delivered the easiest to understand recap of all the news: http://mashable.com/2011/09/22/facebook-changes-roundup/
- AdAge did a good job explaining the potential impact brands: http://adage.com/article/digital/brands-facebook-page-coming/229990/
- Facebook blogged about their own news. Straight from the horse’s mouth: http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=10150289612087131
- Another Facebook blog post, this one more focused on the changes to app, and open graph features within Timeline: http://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/563/
- TechCrunch tells you how to enable timeline early (only for developers…and crazy impatient people): http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/22/how-to-enable-facebook-timeline/
Facebook is doing huge things with an even more huge user-base. (They’ve hit 800 million users) Of course there will be friction when this all rolls out, but Facebook has proven it can adapt and evolved based on user feedback. That means that we shouldn’t feel scared to voice our opinons, positive or negative – although I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about the people complaining – because if enough people feel the same way, Facebook will be able to integrate changes that make the experience better for everyone.
So, what do you think so far?