Shanee’s Social Media News Round-Up (July 10, 2012)
I subscribe to a lot of Social Media newsletters and RSS feeds. Thought it might be a good idea to post a round-up of some of the stories I found interesting. This is in no way comprehensive, of course. But to the casual social media dabbler, it might be useful.
Maybe I’ll even start doing this regularly. You can think of me as your social media librarian. Only less mousy.
- Pfizer stays mum about lawsuit, loses control of online convos, misses opportunity to keep followers loyal: http://socialmediaclub.org/blogs/from-the-clubhouse/will-your-brand-be-destroyed-social-media
- Ralph Lauren FB app lets fans send notes to US Olympians, raise money: http://allfacebook.com/ralph-lauren-rally_b94044
- Oracle announces it will buy FB marketing firm, Involver. This is their second SM acquisition in recent months. http://mashable.com/2012/07/10/oracle-buys-involver
- Analysis of top retail, services, and sports brands on FB uncovers some tips for success. http://socialmediatoday.com/mlewis1/597196/social-success-stories-5-best-practices-market-leaders-sports-retail-and-services
- The case for using lists in blog posts. http://www.socialmediaexplorer.com/social-media-marketing/in-defense-of-lists-why-people-secretly-love-list-posts/